During the Meeting on the 20th of October 2011 of the Committee on Food Security (CFS) , WAW Secretariat held a side event to present the WAW International Initiative.
This side event, which was jointly organized by FAO, IFAD and France, has the following three objectives:
- present the key proposed features of WAW as an International Initiative,
- collect feedback and suggestions from the participants,
- identify possible areas of collaboration and synergies, at local to global levels, nurturing WAW.
You can access to the rationale and agenda of this meeting. You also can look at the statements made by:
- Prof. M.S. Swaminathan, Member of Indian Parliament, Chair of the Steering Committee of the High Level Panel of Experts;
- Mamadou Cissokho, Honorary president of ROPPA (Réseau des organisations paysannes et de producteurs de l'Afrique de l'ouest), member of CFS advisory group ;
- Alexander Mueller, FAO, Assistant Director General, Natural Resource Department;
- Kevin Cleaver, IFAD, Assistant President for Program Management ;
- Pierre Fabre, CIRAD, Director, Department of Environment and Society, (CIRAD, Centre International de Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement).
The minutes of this side event are also available.